here is our 2nd interview session. This time we did the interview with DOSA(mal noisecore/grind).
They're came from the very peaceful and 'silence' state in northen part of malaysia and they're already 10 years existed! This interview was answered by Amir (DOSA+RICE FACTORY ZINE+KROSOT)
1. Hello guys. How are you? Hope you guys doing well. First of all can you guys tell us what are you guys working on now? Have any new studio recording session? What is the DOSA current release?
Hello, Amir here answering this interview…I’m just fine, so does the other band mates…Maddy is getting bigger in tummy while Matjan is producing another descendent…speaking on our band, there is a talk of doing another new recording, but we didn’t have the exact date yet since all of us are working and staying far far away from each other. The last release is the one that you release, a split tape with Shitnoise Bastards.
2. Can you guys tell us about the DOSA band biography, what is inspired you? What is the reason that DOSA was formed? And why choose to play noise music? And why use DOSA as the name? Who’s the current line up now?I don’t think it is a good idea to publish the discography here since it will took some space, but you can always check our not-really-updated discography in our social media. The people and our surrounding really inspired us, the happiness, hatred, distortion, disorder, inhumanity, judgmental etc , all will be translated into our own noise.DOSA was formed because at that time all of us are just broke up with our previous band, so we had a meeting for like 1-2 years before we start the DOSA….a very long time for a discussion I must say hahaha ..we choose noisecore because that is what we like to play (and we can play, hahaha, if we are good with our instrument, I think we will be on death metal camp now hahaha).. and yes, we hope we don’t progress with our instrument, we want to remain as what we are today…some people like progression in the playing, but not for us, but don’t ask why.DOSA stand for Death On Systematic Abuse, because we like the idea and it reflect perfectly with our music, stance, belief, politic etc…our line up will always be the three of us.we have been together for more than 10 years as a band…no line up changes, no musical changes…and we hope we can survived for another 10 years….
3. How about the grindcore/fastcore/noisecore scene at your place? Can share other grindcore/fastcore/noisecore bands from your place? What is the happening scene at your place right now?Not really sure, but I think we are the only noisecore band in Perlis…if there is any noisecore band at Perlis, or any band, please contact us…we like to meet you guys…we don’t have that so called scene in our place…it just a small town where the development is trying to take place…people didn’t eat at home so frequent now…the boys don’t even know how to fix their bicycle….the young girl some didn’t even know how to cook…the old is busy to sell their inherited land because want to spent for the son’s wedding…well, that is their personal choice…who cares right?
4. Is it has shows every week at your place? Is it hard to organize small gig at your place? How about the authority? Is it they always disturb the small gig? And what is your personal view about the authority?No every week show, not even every months…just last few month we try to organize small jamm session…authority is just fine here, no complaint at this moment…..it is just a common sense, if you don’t sell drug, they won’t bother to hassle your ass….
5. Do you think the internet usage (email, songs streaming etc.) is not ‘underground’ or d.i.y? what do you guys think about the people who hate the band that use the internet as the contact source?I don’t give a fuck about what people wanna say…internet is just fine with me…what matters most is what you have done to the scene…mumbling around and bitching about who is d.i.y or not is so damn lame I think…I will just ignore that kind of person….if there is any person hate us for using internet, then I would not have any problem with them…it is their choice to do so…and we will still continue our music and the good thing is, we can make a song about them…hahaha…
It was our debut release…recorded on our first ever session as DOSA…we are very proud about that tape..it was so sincere..no rehearsal, just blast what is in our mind….the response is overwhelming and we are very thankful for those who help us spreading the tape….you guys rock!
7. What the other activities (distro & label, fanzine maybe) that the DOSA line up doing beside play in the band? If have can you tell us about that.
All of us used to write fanzine years back…but now seem only me still continue the tradition but in different format..now my zine is online, you can check www.ricefactoryzine.com …some of us did play in other band, but I forgot their name…I also have a harsh noise project called Krosot…oh ya, Maddy is selling some stuff during gigs if I’m not mistaken, but not sure if he has a proper distro list…you can always contact him and ask…
9. How many do you guys already played live? Do you think the live shows is important for the band? And why? Do you guys have any of the upcoming shows in this near time?
10.DOSA already made many of split releases including with PARKINSON,TOTAL FUCKING DESTRUCTION,ANAL MASSAKER and others great bands from worldwide. Do you ever expect that DOSA can be well-known as today when you guys started from the beginning? So how do you guys feel about this?
Thanks for those helped to release it…not in our intention to be well known…and we still think not many people in our local scene know the existence of DOSA….our facebook is not even getting more than 100 like I think….very small number for a 10 years band…but we don’t care about that….we just wanna record our song and release it for those who are interested/appreciate…that is it…
11. What is your personal DOSA favorite released so far? Why? What is DOSA upcoming release?
one that we recorded for our full 7” that never happen.it was recorded at the same studio we recorded a split with Parkinson but this one is live studio track recording…the master tape is still well kept in my house…we didn’t plan to re-release it yet at this moment…it have been nearly 9 years since we recorded that songs….upcoming release? Nothing much I can say…but if you need our semi-discography cd and tshirt, please contact Maddy for more info…
12. any last word to the reader?
Thanks to you for this interview…keep up good work…support our scene..keep it alive and kicking…if you wanna contact us, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org ….thanks people…